Wednesday, February 1, 2012

True Story

(Not a joke. This is just something a family member told me & I wanted to share.)

My little cousin, Z, was having lunch with his dad the other day while Mom sat nearby in the living room folding laundry.

"Dad?" asked Z, nibbling on his sandwich.

"Yes son?" replied his father.

"Why," asked Z, nodding in the direction of the living room, "did you pick that woman to be my mother?"

His dad was thrown by the question and didn't answer right away.

Z continued, "You could have picked anybody, so why did you pick her?"

His father had sort of recovered, so he replied calmly, "If I hadn't married your mom, you wouldn't be here."

Z thought this over (very seriously it seemed) and finally shrugged. "Oh. Okay then."

Makes you wonder what goes through kids' minds, huh? (By the way, Z is only about 8 years old.) No word yet on if Mom overheard this conversation!


No comments:

Post a Comment