Friday, September 23, 2016

Because I'm Now A Keto Babe

I've switched my life over to a low-carb/high-fat eating regimen. It's called the keto (ketogenic) diet. I'm losing weight and feeling better, but it's hard to explain the regimen to people. Humor always helps, so....

Memes That'll Convince You to Give Up Your Diet:

Sugar, processed food, and grains are out!

Carb cycling at its finest. Gym humor:

I only craved certain things & the craving lasted about 12 days. Mostly, I was mourning my Almond Joy coffee creamer.

#ketolife  Have a great day everyone! I'll be spending my morning/afternoon…:

Giving up bread wasn't that hard for me. For people who really, really miss breads, there are low-carb alternatives to loaf bread and mix products like Bisquick.
love it lmao!keto:
I initially did an "egg fast" (all eggs all the time with a little mayo and butter) for four days. Lost so much weight, I decided to go whole keto!

 I used to do this:

Gym humor:









Now, I do this:
Keto Tips: Get In The Habit Of Reading The Ingredients List:

And I get to eat a lot of "Fat Bombs". Cream cheese and chocolate and lemon and .... all kinds of fat bombs

Paleo/Keto Peppermint Patties from WorthEveryChew.com ......These make the perfect fat bomb and a great low carb high fat answer to your sweet tooth.A crisp, sweet satisfying recipe that is Worth Every Chew !:  Cream Cheese Clouds aka Frozen Cheesecake Bites 24 clouds 1 net carb per cloud/serving 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened 3/4 cup granular Splenda (or sweetener of choice) 1/2 tsp vanilla (I used 1/4 tsp lemon and 1/4 tsp vanilla): Bulletproof Fat Bombs   [1 cup mascarpone cheese or full-fat cream cheese or creamed coconut milk (250 g / 8.8 oz),  ¼ cup butter, grass-fed, or extra virgin coconut oil (56 g / 2 oz),  2 tbsp coconut oil,  2 tbsp raw cocoa powder,  ¼ cup Erythritol or Swerve, powdered,  10-15 drops liquid Stevia extract,  ½ cup strong brewed coffee]: 1 Minute Cheesecake Fat Bomb:



And I quit my Almond Joy sugar-laden coffee creamer for Bullet Proof Coffee:

FD 3 Bullet-Proof-Coffee:


I add whole heavy cream to mine for more flavor and heavier frothing. And I make mine strong so I get a lasting fix.

Death Wish Coffee!!:

By the way, if you are curious at all about the Keto diet, there is a Keto Summit starting on Sept 25 and running thru Oct 5th. Check it out. If you want a quick rundown, check out Pinterest for Keto info.

Peace
--Free

No comments:

Post a Comment