Sunday, April 12, 2009

Real People True Story

This is straight out of an email I got from my dear friend L. today. If you were with me on Being Free way back when I started that blog, you have already been introduced to L. If you remember her, then what happened when she and her kids went on an outing will not surprise you too much (Other than the names, I did not change one single word; I just changed the font...)


Sue and I love to go to open houses. So, last week we had D.D. and were driving toward my house and saw a sign. We followed the open house sign. It was a townhouse style home. We walked up the stairs and tried to open up the door to the right but it was locked so we opened up the door on the left side. We walked in, took off our boots. I made a comment to Sue that I liked the house right away because I saw a big bottle of booze at the front door. So many homes have cookies and coffee that I thought this was a refreshing change. We then proceeded to do what we always do which is critique everything in the house. (During this time I didn't see the agent but figured she might be showing off the bedrooms.) I made comments about the color of the walls, Sue said quite loudly "this place stinks." I reminded her to be a bit more quite with her comments. We then proceeded to the living room where I though they made an effort to make it welcoming and cozy as the big screen T.V. was on. In the living room I noticed some clothes thrown around and wondered why they didn't make more of an effort to clean up. While patiently waiting for the agent I heard a loud male voice "May I HELP you??" I turned around and there stood a man with a towel wrapped around his private parts. I said "Hi! We're here for the open house." (Thought to myself that he's going a bit overboard on making clients feel at home.) He said "I'm NOT selling my home. Your in the wrong house." I was so embarassed while I walked towards him to put my boots on and escape. While I was walking out I said "By the way, I like the color of your walls, bye." Sue and I walked down the flight of stairs laughing so hard that I almost peed my pants. D.D.. said he thought it was horrible embarrassing and will never go to an open house with us again.

**smh** This is why I love L. so!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am interested in sharing this story on my blog. I think it's very funny and I'm starting a blog that will feature funny stories from average people. If you will let me, I will give you the credit for the story and link to your blog so anyone who reads my blog can easily find yours. Let me know what you think. http://somefunnystories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead, Lane. The world can always use more laughter; I don't mind sharing.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete